Tragedies of Justice

Sentencing was scheduled for July 18th, 2002

July 12, 2002 - Maria Moret, went to the state police office that is assigned to the District Attorney's Office, and did an affidavit with Detective Rick Smith regarding jury misconduct that she had witnessed at Patrick's Pub during lunch.

July 14, 2002 - Three of Paul's family members wrote their concerns to Judge Curley regarding the prosecutorial misconduct they witnessed in the court room as well as their coworkers being jurors.

July 17, 2002 - Jason met with Richard Litchfield, Carl Litchfield, Robin Litchfield, Maria Moret and Hope Ciepiela and he expressed hi sregrets that he hadn't been called to testify in Paul's defense.  He also told them that Danny Roy when he found out that Jason was going to testify for his father began threatening his life.

July 18, 2002 - Paul's sentencing was delayed until August 1st.  Danny Roy and Lorrie were witnessed leaving Superior Court in a huff when they found out Paul's sentencing was delayed.

July 18, 2002 - Jason was hit by a van while crossing North St at 5:12.  The police report states that Jason was observed by the driver of the van, Jason traveled 35 feet in to the crosswalk before being struck by the van being driven by the son of the people he was living with, Robert Smith Jr also Danny Roy's friend.  All paternal Litchfield family members as well as Jason's biological mother and grandmother were blocked by the Department of Social Services from seeing Jason while he was in critical care at Berkshire Medical Center.

July 24, 2002 - Jason lost his life.

August 1, 2002 - Lorrie professed to being blind being led by her identical twin sister Lucy.  This afforded them both to be able to be seated closer to where Paul was going to pass.  hen Paul entered the room they both blurted out profanity towards him.

There were several character witnesses on Paul's behalf.  Mr Raymond Bolduc, Mr. Larry Turner, both prominent citizens for the town of Hinsdale.  One of Paul's children's class room parent.  Paul had no criminal record.  He received an honorable discharge from the U.S. Navy.  He was a volunteer firefighter as well as a volunteer certified EMT.  He was dedicated to his adopted children and foster children.

Paul was sentenced to 16 to 24 years for crimes he did not commit.

July 28, 2002 - Lorrie filed a claim with Safety Insurance Company for the money from the accident in which Jason lost his life.

While in prison Paul received a letter from the Department of Revenue (D.O.R.) that his child support was in default.  D.O.R. verified that Lorrie had fraudulently cashed $4,785.68 worth of child support payments that she was not entitled to.

August 13, 2002 - Paul relinquished P.O.A. to his brother Richard and sister Robin to help see him through this injustice.

August 16, 2002 - Paul signed off on his three daughters in order to protect them after seeing what lengths people would go to regarding what happened to his son.

August 23, 2002 - Richard and Robin filed for administration to Jason's estate.

Lorrie called MCI Concord and wanted to know why Paul was not in Walpole.

October 2002 - Robin contacted National Center for Reason and Justice.

October 16, 2002 - Lorrie filed her objection to Richard and Robin being appointed administrators to Jason's estate.

January 26, 2003 - Paul's Mom passed.

March 1, 2004 - Richard and Robin contacted Massachusetts Attorney General Tom Reilly.

March 12, 2004 - Richard and Robin contacted Massachusetts Congressman John Olver.

April 15, 2004 - Robin contacted Center on Wrongful Convictions.

May 11, 2004 - Richard and Robin contacted Massachusetts Senator John Kerry.

May 15, 2004 - Lorrie passed.

April 12, 2005 - Lucy Ginthwain (Lorrie's identical twin sister) passed.

May 5, 2005 - Attorney David Mirsky wrote Paul a letter regarding the appellate court oral argument that was held.

July 28, 2005 - Judge Thomas Curley passed.

September 24, 2005 - Paul's appeal was denied, decision was unpublished.